Monday, February 22, 2010

Top Secret "Shake and Bake" Chicken

My grocery store had bone-in chicken breasts on special this week so I stocked up on them.  This recipe is better made with the bone-in variety than the boneless, skinless.  It just has more flavor.  Serve this up with Easy Rice Pilaf, cooked veggie of choice and a salad and you have yourself a meal.

"Top Secret Shake N Bake Chicken"

2 1/2 # bone-in chicken pieces, (I use breasts)
1/2 c. plus 1T. cornflake crumbs
2 t. all purpose flour
1 t. salt
1/4 to paprika
1/4 t. sugar
scant 1/4 t. garlic powder
scant 1/4 t. onion powder

Combine all ingredients but chicken in a gallon ziploc bag.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Wash and pat dry chicken pieces. Dip chicken in milk and then add to bag.  Shake until coated and remove to foil lined jellyroll pan.  Bake 45 minutes. ( 40 minutes for drumsticks)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot about this chicken!! I used to love it. I might have to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete