Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bleu Cheese Dressing

I don't remember the first time I had Bleu Cheese Salad dressing, but I fell in love that day!  It is my favorite salad dressing---if made correctly.  There are some restaurants that make it wonderfully and some that just stir it into sour cream or something...not so great.  It is very high in fat and I don't eat it too often these days.  My family does not enjoy the flavor of blue cheese and get turned off by the fact that it contains a type of mold.  I however don't let that deter me.  If you are like me and need to have Bleu Cheese dressing in your life, try this recipe that I got from an episode of Elie Krieger's on Food network.

2 T. mayonnaise
1/4 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. fat free yogurt
1 T. vinegar
1/2 t. sugar
1/3 c. crumbled blue cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Drain yogurt 20 minutes.  Whisk with rest of ingredients and crumble in blue cheese.  Serve over your favorite salad greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment