Sunday, January 3, 2010

Taco Salmon Crustless Quiche


Sunday Brunch

Today is of course Sunday for the second time this weekend.  I love having a 4 day weekend.  I think it should be this way every week!  Nice casual Sunday brunch, followed by visits with friends or reading a book, watching a cozy movie, anything relaxing to get ready for the time-crunched week ahead.  Today I made a quiche using left over ingredients from some salmon tacos.  I had leftover flaked salmon, baked with taco seasoning rubbed over it, some diced tomatoes, black olives, diced red onion and chipotle sour cream.  This is how I did it.  I'm sorry the ingredients are only approximate since these were leftovers that I wanted to use up.  Use this as an inspiration for your own personal dish.

Taco Salmon Crustless Quiche


8 eggs, beaten
1/4c. *Chipotle Sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1/2 t. salt
Mix above ingredients well and set aside.  In sprayed 9 inch pie plate, layer about 1/2 c. taco seasoned salmon, 1/4 c. each diced red onion, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture over and bake @350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

*Chipotle Sour Cream:

1/2c. sour cream
1 Knorr Chipotle cube, crushed

Mix the above together and let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour to blend flavors.

As I was surfing today, I came upon this cocktail that would be a great addition to Sunday Brunch.  It will give your occasion that special touch of festive elegance.

Cocktail: Cranberry Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment