Monday, January 25, 2010

Easy Mix Chocolate Cake


I am always looking for quick fix recipes to add to my collection so that when I am short on time, we can still eat enjoyable meals without having to rely on fast food.  This is a recipe that I use when wanting to make something quick for dessert.  You mix it right in the pan so it saves on dishes too.  You can frost it with your favorite frosting recipe or just dust with powdered sugar.  I usually don't have time for making frosting when resorting to this recipe so we just use whipped cream from a can.  This will satisfy your desire for chocolate cake when you just don't have much time.

Made in the Pan Chocolate Cake

1 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3/4 t. baking soda

1 c. water
1/3 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cider vinegar

In 8x8 inch pan, stir together dry ingredients.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In med. bowl, mix wet ingredients.  Pour wet into dry ingredients: stir well.  Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.

Tips:  No need to grease pan.  To save on dishes,  I usually measure 1 c. water into 2 c. measuring cup.  Then pour oil in to the   1 1/3 cup line and add vinegar and vanilla.  I also use whole wheat flour to make just a tad bit healthier.


Photo credit:  oneperfectbite.blogspot.com/2009/03/one-bowl-vegan-chocolate-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment