Monday, December 21, 2009

Hot Artichoke Dip


As I mentioned on an earlier post that we make lots of appetizers to feast on for Christmas Eve.  We love snacking in place of a meal and my kids always felt it was such a special treat when we did "meals" like this.  We have done this for several years now and have several favorites each year and add a new one or two that we come upon.  Here is a new one that I will make this year.  I had it at a party and it was delicious!  I comes from the Fix-It-And-Forget-It for Entertaining cookbook.

Hot Artichoke Dip


2 14 3/4 jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. sour cream
1 c. water chestnuts, chopped
2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. finely chopped scallions

Cut artichoke hearts into small pieces.  Add mayonnaise, sour cream, water chestnuts, cheese and scallions.  Pour into slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours.  Serve with crackers or crusty French Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment