Thursday, December 17, 2009

Marinated Fish Steaks

Here is the recipe I used last night to go along with the Potatoes and Kale side dish I posted yesterday.  I used salmon and marinated for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.  I did not use fresh herbs because I did not have any available, so I used dried oregano.  I used the juice of 2 limes in the marinade and squeezed a third one at serving time.
This was great peared with the Potatoes and Kale.

Marinated Fish Steaks

1 pound fresh or frozen salmon, swordfish or halibut steaks, 1 inch thick
2 T fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
1 T. fresh oregano or thyme or 1/2 t. dried oregano or thyme, crushed
2 t. olive oil
1 t. lemon-pepper seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 lime wedges

Thaw fish, if frozen.  Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 4 serving size pieces.  For marinade, in ziploc bag, combine lime juice, oregano, lemon-pepper and garlic.  Add fish; turn to coat.  Cover and marinate in frig 30 min to 1 1/2 hours turning occasionally.  Drain, reserving marinade.

Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan.  Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking.  Discard any remaining marinade.  Before serving, squeeze lime wedge over each piece.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment