Friday, December 4, 2009

Nutella Frosted Chocolate Cookies

Today I decided to treat our co-workers with a new recipe that I wanted to try.  I had seen this in a book in a store, memorized the recipe and wrote down.  The  thought of these wouldn't leave my mind until I finally decided I needed to make these.  Got lots of compliments and they all disappeared so I believe they were a success.  The only thing about these is that of course Nutella does not harden or dry, so storage could be tricky, oh never mind, they won't last long enough to worry about that.

Nutella Frosted Chocolate Cookies


1 box Devil's food cake mix
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 jar Nutella, chocolate hazelnut spread


Cream butter and cream cheese.  Beat in egg and then cake mix.  Mix until just combined.  Stir in nuts.  Roll in 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven 8-10 minutes.  Remove to cooling rack and when cool frost with Nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment